Bliss bites and no-bake energy balls could easily be deemed the newest Insta foodie trend. As a busy gal myself, I can’t deny that such hassle-free recipes are perfect for a grab-n-go snack; but, with SIBO and leaky gut (which I will discuss more in-depth in a later blogpost!), such recipes usually do not agree with my combo of low FODMAP and SCD diet needs. Typically sweetened with honey or agave and filled with chia or flaxseed, I added bliss bites to what can, at times, feels like a never-ending list of foods my incredibly sensitive digestive tract simply cannot tolerate.
But, that is not what my blog is about! I made The Cutie Foodie to prove we can have all the gut health problems and dietary restrictions in the world and we can still find a way to enjoy all the foods we love without feeling like we are missing out! So after snapping out of it, I messed around until I found the perfect ratios and that’s what these Carrot Cake Bliss Bites are all about!
CARROT CAKE BLISS BITES
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup sunflower seeds roated, unsalted
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut + more for rolling
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large pinch ground ginger & salt
- capful vanilla extract
- Peel & chop carrots & pulse in a NutriBullet or food processor until shredded. Set aside in a bowl.
- Blend oats, dates, sunflower seeds & coconut & add to carrots. You can simply throw all the ingredients in together to a food processor, or grind each separately in a NutriBullet like I did!
- Add the coconut oil, spices & vanilla extract to your bowl.
- Mix thoroughly until everything is combined. Get your hands dirty!
- Roll your ‘batter’ into balls.
- Fill a separate bowl with more shredded coconut & coat your bliss bites.
- Store in the fridge or freezer & enjoy!
Would love to see your recreations! Head to the ‘Cutie Community’ tab to send me pics or find me on Insta @the_cutiefoodie and send me a DM!
XO, The Cutie Foodie